Broad role supporting the Business Development Managers and wider Africa Business Development team and International Markets Business Development Team.
Our business development team works alongside our partners and lawyers across our sectors, services and offices to support and develop our relationships with clients, delivering an exceptional service and exploring new avenues through which we can help them meet their business needs. Our brand, marketing and digital team help position us as thought leaders amongst our target markets in the areas we most want to be known for, by creating intuitive and engaging collateral, events and campaigns.
As part of the business development team, you will play a hands-on role in contributing to the firm’s success and helping to achieve its objectives. This could be as one of our business development professionals, coaching partners on relationship building, or building our brand as one of our marketing, design or events professionals.
If you’re a commercially minded individual with a passion for business development and improving the client experience in a professional services environment, you could be just what we’re looking for.
What You Will Do
- Provide 'first point of contact' advice and support to partners and fee earners for BD questions or requests.
- Develop strong relationships across BD to connect with the wider network.
- Working with the research team to produce sector relevant research.
- Liaise with BD Managers on Johannesburg offices pitches, both pitches led by the Johannesburg office, and providing input for global pitches.
- Update pitch log and ensure pitches are stored in systematic way in pitch library.
- Updating of our global credential management system.
- Assist in client and market research to help BD managers proactively identify opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of innovative client materials.
- Co-ordination and distribution of client briefs/legal updates.
- Provide event assistance to the Business Development Managers including planning, budgeting, administration, material creation.
- Regular updates to the 'Africa events' spreadsheet of upcoming events/ sponsorships.
- Writing intranet stories after key events.
- Internal distribution of JHB office news alerts.
- Assisting with marketing collateral (pitches, brochures, advertising material) with design team.
- Support Business Development Managers in preparing legal directories and award submissions.
- Assist on content creation and editing for Africa blog, LinkedIn pages, and ensuring timely uploads are done.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Approximately 0 – 1 years' experience in or with an educational background in marketing, business administration or legal/professional services (we will consider candidates with less or more experience providing they meet the required competencies).
- Proficiency with systems, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Recognizes how their work contributes to and affects the work of others, and prioritizes and communicates accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to assist others and readily volunteers their help.
- Enhances the Client Experience.
- Finds ways to enhance the experience of the firm’s clients through their daily tasks.
- Shows a willingness to go the extra mile to deliver great service.
- Achieves Results.
- Goes above and beyond to contribute to the success of the firm.
- Pays attention to the quality and accuracy of their work.
- Suggests new ideas or ways of doing things in a confident, constructive and sensitive way.